Why don’t women tell? Because no one listens; because you get blamed; because almost all of us have been there; because people in power think they have the right; because when you tell people they don’t want to face their own truth.
My book, Meeting Myself, Snippets from a binging and bulging mind addresses what happened to me and the aftermath effects in my life. The latest news on this topic affects me all over again. This heinous crime harasses for a moment of time and then lingers for ever.
We make choices every day. A choice is defined as a decision to choose one thing, person, or course of action in preference to others. We know in our hearts the right thing to do. Yes we do, but it is so tempting to do the opposite because it sounds like so much more fun.
It’s hard to pull a meal together when the oven is taken up with a big old fat turkey, isn’t it? I’m giving you this saving grace recipe now. Print it off and save it in case I forget to repeat it for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- Cook the turkey the day before.
- Carve the turkey into serving size slices.
- Separate Romaine lettuce leaves.
- Wash them and pat them dry.
- Put a layer of Romaine lettuce in an aluminium pan or large roast pan.
- Add a layer of turkey.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6, ending with a layer of Romaine leaves.
- Cover tightly with foil and put in fridge.
- To heat the turkey, add about ¼ cup water to the pan.
- Heat in 250ºF oven till turkey is at the desired serving temperature.
P.S. Here is God’s recipe for lettuce: Let Us Love One Another.
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:34-35, NIV)
Prayer – Lord we pray that you give us the strength to do just that. Amen
Do not be sad and gloomy if a card you do not get.
The truth is I am busy and have no time to sit
But thoughts of you regale me with prayers for one and all
So consider your are Christmas’ed right here on my blogging wall.
Christmas love to all -Brenda Wood