It’s hard to pull a meal together when the oven is taken up with a big old fat turkey, isn’t it? I’m giving you this saving grace recipe now. Print it off and save it in case I forget to repeat it for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- Cook the turkey the day before.
- Carve the turkey into serving size slices.
- Separate Romaine lettuce leaves.
- Wash them and pat them dry.
- Put a layer of Romaine lettuce in an aluminium pan or large roast pan.
- Add a layer of turkey.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6, ending with a layer of Romaine leaves.
- Cover tightly with foil and put in fridge.
- To heat the turkey, add about ¼ cup water to the pan.
- Heat in 250ºF oven till turkey is at the desired serving temperature.
P.S. Here is God’s recipe for lettuce: Let Us Love One Another.
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:34-35, NIV)
Prayer – Lord we pray that you give us the strength to do just that. Amen
My latest cookbook/ devotional, The Food Lovers Devotional is now on special at Smashwords.
Only 99 cents till December 23. Here is the code and the address SB78M
Of course you can get the hard cover from me but it is 10.00