When our last breath is close, what will you say? What will you regret? Experts say that our remorse tends to include the following:
- I wish I’d been happier, now that I know that happiness is a choice.
- I wish I’d taken more time to ‘smell the roses.’ Worked less and loved family more.
- I wish I’d lived the life God wanted for me instead of the life others expected of me.
- I wished I’d said what I meant and meant what I said.
- I wish I hadn’t lost touch with so many people.
This verse sums it up.
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. (3 John 1:2, KJV)
Prayer – Lord, help us to make better choices before its too late… Amen